Thursday, December 02, 2004

hopping with a bright red cane

hey carla,
thanks for the photo link.
always love to look at your travel albums (..live vicariously through you;) ... better make sure you're done traveling before putting any off-spring out there (well.."out there" wouldn't be so bad, I suppose... I should be more specific ... in YOUR house taking over YOUR life for the next 18 or so years;) ... am I being too cynical? oh well, I'm allowed to ...I'm a second-time mom at the edge.

OK, here my book suggestion... Haven't read it, of course (like I have time to;) but am very intrigued to (supposed to be funny, odd, etc.) :
"Naked" by...ehm... I should look it up..hold on... ok, hope this link works when you click it: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0316777730/qid=1102003399/sr=2-1/ref=pd_ka_b_2_1/002-6683477-6728860
The book is by David Sedaris.

gotta go walk the dog now. sh*t, it's cold. don't want to. but dario (usually damned to midnight dog walking) twisted his ankle yesterday and has been hopping around with a cane since then.
He called me from the road when it happened. I had to hold my laughter, for he was telling me --whose 18 hour labor he had been present for -- how this was the worst pain he had ever felt and "oh, no".. he was getting nauseous. He was a bit insulted by my giggles and told me it's not funny. Honey, I told him, you twisted your ankle and you act like you got shot. To me that's funny.

Anyway, everytime he puts too much pressure on the bad foot he squeals like a girl. Does complain about the questionable look of the cane I got him, though. Apparently it's not manly enough for him (granted, I did buy it at the 99cents store. bright-red, shiny, and quite nicely shaped). However, may I add that he uttered this macho-complaint only a second after he had urged me to not change the radio-station, for it was playing his (and I quote:) favorite song in the whole wide world ... something by the Bee Gees.
I told him to reexamine the possiblity of him being gay, after all. Fine with me. I'd love to have a good excuse to finally go have sex with someone else. He told me to shut up and that he's just very comfortable with his sexuality. okey-dokey.

oh well. enough procrastination.
going to walk the dog now.
nite-nite,
s. :)

No comments: