Monday, December 06, 2004

got screwed >:C

got screwed big time. did this website for a discount price (half of what I usually charge as a favor to the person referring me). anyway, they screwed me, are not paying me.HEY, this is my blog I can publish NAMES if I want to:it is the South Beach Hostel in Miami Beach that has screwed me. Spent two months on the design, thanks to the manager who took weeks to reply to my e-mails and subtly pushed off work which was his on me (i.e. communication with online reservations agent, hosting company, registration comp. etc.).
Anyway, in the fall I finally got them to go live. explained that a website was a dynamic thing and edits will always hang in the air...they should go live, losing business if not, etc....so finally I got the ok to publish.then the owner comes around and says he wants to edit a few lines and change a margin/color/graphic here and there. I remind them of my discount price to them but do changes anyway (sucker that I am).Finally submit my invoice.Hear nothing back.Then get notice from the person who referred me to them that they're not going to pay me.Something about taking too long with changes or ..whatever. Realize that little manager bastard I had been dealing with used me to blame his unprofessionalism and tardiness in e-mail reply on when being confronted by his boss (the owner). Unfortunate thing is, though, that the manager and the boss are best friends or something so my word won't count shit.
So, I went to the site and realize that they are using some twenty dollar design someone threw together based on some generic template he probably downloaded off of some site.
ooooh. I got sooo screwed. 1500 bucks. ... good thing I made a 1500 bucks site for them as opposed to what I usually create. Then I would have been really pissed.BUT either way it's 1500 dollars. ... and I have 89 in my account...soo it's not like I didn't need it.BAAASTAAAARDS!!!!!!!
this should teach me. ... DON't ever do a job without a making a written contract before-hand.And if you do and they screw you, you better be evil enough to f*ck them over the same way afterwards.Unfortunately, I am not, otherwise I would mobilize my Hacker friends to take them offline for as long as they try to get on.Why do I have to be so bloody ethical? Why can't I be on the screwing end for a change? Why do I always end up as the victim? I'm such a stupid sucker. So many past-midnight hours... so much work down the drain.

No comments: