Wednesday, December 08, 2004

and so the back-talking begins

it's bedtime. once again Maia has managed to procrastinate her daily fate by announcing that she has to poop, which could mean an indefinite time on the toilet with or without result.
So, there she sits, in the bathroom, a book on her lap, reading out loud. For the third time I approach her with the question, whether or not she's finished. girl ignores me.
"excuuse me. hellooo. I am talking to you", I plead.
she sighs... "well, you're talking aaall the time."
I'm in shock and perplexed I answer: "well, excuse me... I asked you a question."
she sighs again deeply, looks at me and says in her coolest voice: "what?"
"are you done?", I ask(without correcting her language...still shocked by her fresh tone).
"Nope." she finishes me up and goes back to reading her book.

Note to myself: need to work on disciplining skills.

No comments: