Thursday, December 30, 2004

114,000 now?

anything I do seems irrelevant at this point.
so many people dead.
my day goes on but whatever happens gets put into perspective. I think about the extent of this tragedy all the time.

anyway. I am taking back one of my statements earlier... about my belief in people.
There are a lot of people out there who moved their asses to find a way to help.
On the day of the news of the tsunamis the American Red Cross received 18 Mio. dollars in donations.

so. I moved my ass, whipped out that overdrawn credit-card and donated, too.
now, at least, I don't suck all thaat much anymore.

if you have your wallet on you, click here:
http://www.usaid.gov/our_work/humanitarian_assistance/disaster_assistance/help/index.html
or here:
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=4248155

I feel very blessed and puzzled on why my life has been pretty good so far. Of course, I've been bitching but really... I am very lucky compared to all the people worldwide who have to endure so much suffering.
Is this all random?
Back I am at the question of What is Life all about?

Anyway, if you're greatful for what you have then go donate.

Very bad story from last night (cellphone guy meeting) I will tell a little later.
I am still shaking.

No comments: