Tuesday, April 05, 2005

potential papal successors & muslim women leading prayer

kinda scary to look at that list of papal successor candidates... especially the one who considers homosexuality a "disease of the soul" ... geez.... imagine they pick that one. And hey, ..I didn't know they have altar GIRLS ...cool...and I'm not even Christian ;)
Anyway, if I were to pick one of those guys (and why do they have to be all men anyway)... I would pick Francis Arize. But truly, I did not read everyone's profile. Just about half.
Is there anyone on that long list who might suit that job better (in this day and age)?

Another thing I wanted to mention was this newscast I heard on NPR:
In New York City, a Muslim woman recently led men and women in prayer for the first time ever, according to organizers. And they had to hold the sermon in a church, for all mosks refused to let them lead prayer...or, I think, some of them were afraid of terror attacks..[click here for more details and a link to the audio file]
I had goosebumps for the duration of the entire newscast. This is huge.

No comments: