Wednesday, April 06, 2005

good news on my 3-yr old's career plans

Today my little 3-year old made me a happy mom (and I never thought that line works....but once she said it it was like an inevitable parent-pride-mechanism kicked in)....she said "Mom, I wanna be a doctor!"
I don't know if you remember the blog-entry with Maia's previous plans for her future. ..this was a few months ago when she proclaimed that when she grows up she will clean toilets (knowing that toilet brushes are off limits to her at the moment). ;)
Anyway, so today she says
- Mom I wanna be a doctor. And then a teacher.
- oh really? (happy euphoric imaginary somersault...which I am surprised by myself)
- yes
- and what kind of doctor would you be? I ask.
- a.....spooky doctor, she says.
- a spooky doctor? (my euphory fades)
- yeah.... and I'm gonna bite people.
- oohkayy.... (and silently "oh no, she's gonna be a psycho doctor and create inspiration for future Horror movie screenwriters...no, no... ok. let's focus on the positive....") ...and what will you teach your students when you become a teacher?
- I will teach them to be nice and kind...
- thank God, I think
- ... and how to watch Spongebob, and how to be a princess and how to be a black horse.

Maia is really a joy to converse with these days. She never stops talking and her mind takes her to quite funny places.
Also, .... I would like to capture this for myself...today she wrote by herself the following:
Beth, Howie, Mom, Dad, Nayla, I
'Maia' she can spell for a while now...but I wasn't aware she knew how to write Ys and Ls and Ws.
Every time I tried to help her...she'd tell me to be quiet... she always wants to figure everything out herself. If I try to intervene too much, she gets frustrated and drops everything....that's why I stay back with all of the alphabet stuff.... at least for now.... she has enough time for that later on but, of course, I'm psyched she's so into reading, writing, and all that. She'll probably be the opposite kind of teenager ;)
Let's see.

No comments: