Sunday, April 24, 2005

sunday at the reptile show :/

so while other husbands (e.g. my friend Johnny) took their wives to cool spots such as the SoHo Apple store and little pastry shops in the village, my husband dragged me to the Yonkers Annual Reptile show, where I waited an hour and a half in the car only for him to come out with a bunch of geckos that resemble these cats without hair (i.e. disgusting) which he just couldn't resist buying. Granted I did finally do some reading after I got bored looking at the passing excentric show-visitors (leatherpants, wallets on chains, and hair dyes inspired by the colors of the rainbow).

He's put the geckos in a tank on the kitchen counter. Won't be eating there again, thank you very much. He's feeding them crickets now (ieeehhhw.)

Maybe, I'll set them free. freeeee.
Poor animals. ... Dario says I'm a hypocrite and I'd better turn vegan with that attitude. He's right... but you know ... at least, I buy eggs only from cage-free hens...and I don't eat veal. But yeah, I am being a hypocrite.

No comments: