Monday, August 09, 2004

talking to God with NY attitude

today, as I was walking a long way home around the reservoir, I was sending one of my already too rare prayers towards heaven... and after I was done I couldn't believe how much ghetto I had just packed in there...
here some paraphrased excerpts:
" yeah, hi, it's me. just wanted to say thank you for letting me off the hook today and giving me time off from my children. and ...ehm...of course, thank you so much for my children...I really really love them.... and please don't ever take any of my complaints seriously....especially the ones where I am at the utter end of my patience... ok? ... that's just the devil talking...or something of the like..."
[...]
"...And since I'm at it (praying, I mean), I should probably ask for world peace..but I doubt, that'll ever happen no matter how much I wish for it, right? ... Only way there will be peace on earth if there is a new beginning ..i.e. you destroy us all, or we destroy ourselves ...we're on a pretty good path for that.... why do we suck so much ass? (did I just say 'ass' in my prayer? I'm sorry God... please send me a sign when I've been living in this city for too long... ....
anyway, just in case.... I pray for world-peace."

[...]
"....also, could you please please please do me the favor and let me die BEFORE my children. Please. I don't think I could live if it where the other way around. ... "
[...]
"ok. so next time, I'll try this with a bit more "head bowed, respectful tone"-kinda way. ...it's this city, I'm telling you.
...sorry. ....and thank you so much. so far I've had a pretty good run and I'm very thankful for that...thank you thank you thank you. ... amen."

No comments: