Saturday, August 07, 2004

strange career choices

I just filed an application for the NYPD test. I didn't know they only give those admission-tests every 4 or 5 years, and since I've been playing with the thought of being a cop in NYC for a few years (to see what it's like and get to park whereever I need to) I figured, I better take that test.
It might take up to 4 years if and until they assign you.
After filing the application I wondered what the hell I'm doing. I'm no cop-material. I'm a pacifist and I don't think this is what it takes to make it in the NYPD. Also, I don't think the pay is too good. And I hate it when people lie or do wrong things when they KNOW it's wrong. All things of a day in the life of a cop, no? So, I suppose, to land this job I need to watch lots of DeNiro and Morgan Freeman movies and work on that bitch-gear I was talking about in an earlier post. I also need to get comfortable with the fact that there will be guns involved in my daily work-load. Guns that might be fired. At me. ...
ok. maybe I should just stick with using my camera to shoot. I really miss not being able to find the time for my photography projects anymore. Street-photography is my thing but
I can't just walk the streets (usually in the Bronx) with my two little children in tow.
sigh.
What is a woman to do?
Maybe I'm too old for a career change...after all I am turning 30 soon ...aaaaaaahhhhhhhhrgg

No comments: