Thursday, July 15, 2004

starting my blog

ok. so I finally visited blogger.com and set up my blogging space. the idea behind it is pretty cool and so I am going to give this a try... with the chance that either all my friends stop talking to me because I might forget that I am posting my thoughts on the internet... now, don't get me wrong...I am not planning to use this space to bitch about my friends (I'll use it to bitch about Bush and the like ;) ...ok...obviously I am having troubles to even just finish one thought, so this should be fun for the people who are trying to read this........sorry. So, let me finish my thought from above. I don't believe in critizing my friends personally but fact is, as it is for us all, that they do things, which can sometimes get under your skins... WHAT am I doing here? I don't know why I am writing this... this won't be a venting spot about friends that haven't been considerate...uh...I sound like I'm 13 years old, don't I? ... hmmm...actually I am at this point, at which I wish I were...I am turning ...I can't even write it out... I am passing my twenties soon...(nice, I kept the word twenties in the description of my age). HEY, I should write it out while I still can...I'm TWENTYnine ;)

... I better stop this blog right now or don't tell anyone I know about it, so they can't hold things against me or feel offended etc. (I guess, that's what I meant to say initially...) This blog is for those who don't know me...except for John...since he's the one who actually made me get a blogger account.
HEY, check out his site/blog, which has inspired me to start this (one wouldn't think, given the fact that he's the exact opposite when it comes to certain opinions -> political, war-related, etc. ...but I've learned to look past such things as religious or political affiliation. It ain't worth getting upset about where a person stands regarding such things (Of course, there are unacceptable extremes but chances are there is not much to work with then anyway). Nobody will change their political opinion, as much as you won't change yours. I've been trying to make Dario vote Democratic for the past 8 years. You are a Republican Latino, dammit. That doesn't make any sense!, I tell him. For the sake of my sanity, I've given up such battles (I do stick to the important ones, though. D had to change his view about the death penalty or I was just not going to stay. I wasn't giving up on that argument until I had convinced him of its ethical wrongness...[I'm sorry it's too late to go look for the thesaurus]. My argument in short, nobody has the right to decide over life and death, except for God. And I am not a religious person.

Anyway, there is a lot more to explore in a character than political opinions and John, as opposite as he might be from my viewpoints, definitely is one of the finest and most intelligent people I've ever met. So here is his blog link:
http://weber.sixbit.org/

at this point I would like to introduce some of the other strong characters I know and am glad to be able to count as my friends, but they don't have blog accounts to link to so it would be very subjective... ....well, I guess that's what this is all about, right?

ok. I'm beginning to talk shit so I'm calling it a day and hope not all of my entries will be this confused and stupid.
let's see.

No comments: