Tuesday, July 20, 2004

ebay and other dangerous pits for shopaholics

dario is a hopeless shopaholic and it's driving me nuts.
just yesterday he bought this little bbq grill he had his eye on for weeks. the fact that I had bought a grill at the discount store a week ago didn't steer him off his intent. no, my 12 dollar grill wasn't good enough. he had to have the steak-blaster2000 or something like that. the one that looks like a wok and grills much faster than the "piece of crap" I bought.  why does speed matter? the words 'speed' and 'afternoon barbeque' don't really fit into one sentence, I'd say.
I was perfectly happy with the steaks coming off the 12 dollar grill.
 
I'm cleaning out the office... one of the big eye-sores (or space-hoggers) has been this super-heavy mongoose mountain-bike he bought on ebay 3 years ago. May I tell you he has NEVER used it. Not once. He has, however, brought it to the bike-mechanic, got the extra-expensive bicyle-lock, bought a hat just for bicycling....
sometimes I wonder, whether he bought the bike just so he can justify buying accessories for it..
 
anyway. I am throwing out. that's it.
well, out of the office that is. he's gotta take it to work or something.
I can't take it anymore.

No comments: