Tuesday, July 27, 2004

movies you shouldn't see if...

So I saw 21 grams the other day. Besides totally depressing me, it also completely freaked me out with enhanced anxieties. Isn't it enough that, as a mother, I already walk through the day playing worst-case scenarios involving my children in my head. I don't know why I torture myself this way, but mothers will know what I am talking about, especially new mothers. I can't help it. The fear that something might happen is always there ...somewhere in the back of my head. Anyway, so I saw this movie 21grams and to explain in short ... it involves this young woman losing both her young girls and her husband in a car-accident. Just writing this out makes me uncomfortable. So, right after the movie I pulled Dario to the side to bitch at him for always driving like he's being chased by the cops. Then, I told him about the movie and how horrible horrible just the thought of this scenario is.
And what does the man do the very next day?!! He takes 2 hours to come home after picking up our elder daughter Maia. 2 hours (!) for a trip that usually takes him 20 minutes. The problem was that he has also just lost his cellphone a few days ago, so he was unreachable. By the second hour I was pacing up and down our hallways, trying not to panic. "How the hell could he do this to me. Relax. He has probably stopped to do some compulsive shopping. It's 7:30 not 10:30pm, R-E-L-A-X." Well, my attempts to return to rationalism were not very successful and none of my rational/no-panic friends were available to get me off this embarrassing trip.
When they walked in at 8:00 I wanted to slap Dario.
..and so I did.

PS: and as I thought...he did go shopping...had to check out the new Target they just opened around the corner...to buy a bunch of very unneccessary things...

No comments: