Friday, July 16, 2004

schizophrenics and how to make pesto

Living with a two-year old appears to have great similarities to living with a schizophrenic... not that I ever lived with one....except myself maybe (..sometimes I wonder). ...Maia and I will fight about anything and everything. My best approach with success in mind is to suggest for her to do the exact opposite of what I want her to do. If I want her to put on the blue sneakers I best offer her the white and blue sneakers and say... "ok. how about we put on the white sneakers?" and I will surely hear ..."no, I want the blue sneakers!" ;)
 
Anyway, ... a note to myself:
how to make pesto:
http://www.samcooks.com/flavor/Pesto.htm
Now, the guy needs 4 pages to philosophize about pesto but I think I got something from it. He neglects to mention, though, that with the amounts of ingredients he suggests one will only get quite little pesto. So, after 45 minutes of smashing basil leaves (which, btw. I did clean with a moist papertowel for about 5 leaves and then switched to holding them under water...I am NOT cleaning 60 leaves of basil with a papertowel...screw that...I've got an infant with little patience).
Anyway, after 45 minutes of pounding the ingredients I got about a spoonful of pesto. arghhh.
Well, I did get ONE sandwich out of it.
 
ok. gotta go.
baby doesn't like the swing.
maybe i'll be back later today.

No comments: