Sunday, July 18, 2004

austrian president died

this isn't the latest news but the Austrian president, Thomas Klestil, died last week...well, actually it was...July 8th, 2004. The new guy's name is Heinz Fischer and after reading his profile I already like him much better than Klestil.
He likes jazz, smokes pipe, and is said to have had an affair with Heide Schmidt, something like the Austrian version of Hillary Clinton. I considered Schmidt always to be one of the most competent politicians in Austria. Unfortunately, she's not pretty enough (we all know that this seems to be an important criteria for making it as a politician (that and having a penis), ... forget the question, whether he/she can speak or swings so far to the right, one needs to turn around to see. ... ugh,.. I just saw a picture of Haider,...the right-wing idiot of the Austrian Freedom Party.... he looks a little bit like Bush, I swear...
 
Anyway, ... so it took me almost 2 weeks to look up who our (my) new president is. I need to get more involved.
I used to be politically very active... meaning  interested, critical, rallying for various causes, etc.
I guess, I would say I've become disillusioned. Doesn't matter what we do, we're all run by idiots who look presentable on TV.
Reading Chomsky (Hegemony or Survival) isn't helping my attitude either.... in fact, it is proving my thesis...
 
I'm in a "humans suck" phase today.
ok. both kids are actually napping at the same time (WOW). I'm gonna go read.
 


No comments: