Sunday, February 06, 2005

why you cannot curse at your woman

D and I are having this on-going argument on whether it is ok for a man to curse at his woman the same way as she curses at him.
To be more specific: Is it ok to call your wife a bitch/hoe/cunt whenever you're mad because she calls you an asshole or stupid mofo when she is mad.
D's opinion to this is that there should be equality and man and woman should be able to curse at each other equally but really he doesn't like name-calling at all (,thank God).
My opinion is that there is more to it.
It's just not as bad (loaded) to call a man an asshole when mad but to call a woman a bitch or a hoe or, worst of all, a cunt is unacceptable for it is way too harsh in comparison.
These words are too hurtful to a woman. They compromise the respect which should be omnipresent in a relationship.
It is like calling your man a loser. Although, it is a completely different word, it's charge is similar.
I would never call D a loser.... no matter how mad I'd be... and believe me, there were times in our lives in which I wanted to shout this at him all day long. However, I would never purposely pick something to hurt the person I care for...
That is a lie. I did once. After he did his whole virtual cheating thing, I called him fat or something like it (I am such a bitch ... notice how it's ok to call myself or my girlfriend a bitch).

anyway, a note to the fellas ... don't call your woman a bitch (or maybe American women are desensitized to the word...I don't know). Just think of a white dude calling a black dude the n word. Doesn't matter how it is meant (even in today's desensitized way where it seems to often just mean "guy", "dude", or "friend")... it is just NEVER ok. It won't ever go down the right way for the black guy. Or am I wrong? ... Granted I am not a black man ... but that's just what I think.

No comments: