Sunday, February 06, 2005

what is a soulmate?

I've been wondering lately...
what exactly is a soulmate and why are people always in search of theirs? Is a soulmate the exact replica of your character (or some sort of close version?) or is a soulmate someone you just connect with on a different (deeper) level than with others, all regardless of similarity in character? And if this is the case, then why do people think their soulmate might be the best match for them in life? For if the latter statement is true, and a soulmate is merely someone you connect with deeply then that doesn't mean they would function well in some sort of permanent living arrangement, does it? Or is this an inherent (assumed) part of "connecting deeply"?
Also, ... is a soulmate someone you would always be physically attracted to? Can one go without the other? Or is it inevitable? Or.... hmmm.... I really ought to ask someone who can answer this.
But I really don't know who I would ask. . . .

blogging sucks sometimes....maybe I should enable commenting, after all.... so I can get feedback. ... but if nobody would say anything then I'd feel stupid and lonely ... and stupid (again) ... and then I'd probably stop blogging and make myself get back to life where I actually communicate with other people rather than share my thoughts with a flickering computer screen (and ..btw... the "flickering" is really happening here... gotta do something about that.)

well, there is my e-mail somewhere here... if you read this and you think you have really thought about this question of mine then hit me. I'm just curious what people think...what wisdom one might have accumulated....and this isn't something I can look up in an encyclopedia or something.



No comments: